Our Commitment To Privacy
The Information We Collect
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your personal information include: preparation of customized analytical reports, participation in discussion groups; collaboration efforts; registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions; provide registered users a meaningful and personalized experience on the Statports website.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Statport's websites. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes and other marketing promotional activities on the web site.
- To monitor your Swimmer’s data throughout the month and conduct detailed analysis on competition metrics
Personal information may be collected to administer these programs:
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers.
- The completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest and thus to personalize newsletters and website to your preferences.
- To meet contract obligations.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual.
- To provide customized monthly Swimmer’s competition performance reports.
Statports does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Statports website.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and reasonably assure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. Internally, we will restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are committed to our privacy policies. We will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
Statports will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13 years of age. Statports website is intended for the use by parents and/or guardians ONLY. We encourage parents and guardians to discuss with their children the importance of protecting the confidentiality of personally identifiable information. Here are a few steps to help make a child's online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
Please visit the FTC's website(1) for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We would like your assistance in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information. Most of our sites allow you to make these updates yourself online. You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How can you help protect your information
If you are using a Statports web site for which you registered and chose a password, we recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to sign out of the registered site and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to assure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if they have access to your computer.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Statports. If there are any changes to the terms of this statement, the revised version will be posted on this Web page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.